"A delightfully assured debut picture book . . . a true standout." — The New York Times Book celebrates the joys of having — and being! — a baby: A world of being new is waiting for little ones and the grown-ups who love them in this warm and funny book. From napping to crying to cuddling to playing, this book introduces the world to newborns (and new parents) with humor, honesty, and unmitigated sweetness. You are New is a timeless celebration of new beginnings and the transformative power of love.
• With rhyming text and sweet, inclusive illustrations
• Perfect for baby showers, to read to a new baby, and to prepare a sibling for a new arrival
• Lucy Knisley is a critically acclaimed and award-winning comic creator. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the graphic novels Relish, French Milk, An Age of License, Displacement, and Something New Fans of Busy Babies and Read to Your Baby Every Day will love You Are New, a sweet story all about being new to the world. A rhyming book that celebrates the joys of having — and being! — a baby
• Makes a great gift for expectant parents
• A perfect bedtime book that is soothing, simple, and humorous